Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What Hardware/Software platforms are supported?
- A: Unlimited Mailbox is written in Java/J2EE architecture, and as such is platform independent.
- Q: Is the host process running on MY production e-mail server?
- A: No. No code is loaded on your production servers or any client machines, thus providing for a quick and straightforward deployment process. This approach also allows you to maintain any support warranties for your server applications and operating system.
- Q: Does the product integrate with my Directory Service?
- A: Yes, Unlimited Mailbox integrates with all mail enabled accounts (and groups). Authentication also utilizes the Directory Server so users have no additional passwords to remember.
- Q: If I use Unlimited Mailbox, will I be compliant?
- A: Yes. Unlimited Mailbox stores a true copy of the mail item with read-only attributes, thereby remaining fully compliant with SEC, NYSE, NASD, and SOX. Moreover, if the Vaulting component is activated, messages are captured at the server level, before users can interact (delete or modify) with the messages.
- Q: Can I import my PST files or local archives?
- A: Yes, Exchange PST, Groupwise LocalArchive, and Lotus NSF files can all be imported and stored under a retention policy (that you specify) just like email messages.
- Q: Can Users delete archived mail?
- A: No, archived items remain in the archive until the applicable retention period expires. Users can, however, delete the stubbed messages in their mailbox, but this has no bearing on the archived item.
- Q: Can Administrators restore mailboxes easily?
- A: Yes, with Unlimited Mailbox’s Rollback function. At the click of a button Administrators can restore a single user’s mailbox, a group of users, or even an entire server’s worth of archives, back into production.
- Q: Does the product work with Web based e-mail clients?
- A: Yes. Unlimited Mailbox allows the use of any e-mail client that the user so chooses.
- Q: Is there a way to export e-mail to a lawyer or Auditor?
- A: Yes, Unlimited Mailbox has several export options available. You can export to auditor mailboxes, back to the message’s original location, as well to the file system (e.g. in EML format).
- Q: Does the archive support single instance storage and/or de-duplication?
- A: Yes. Unlimited Mailbox supports both single instance of messages and de-duplication of attachments. It is the choice of the client which to enable – one or the other, or both.